Under What Conditions are you Eligible for AliExpress Buyer Protection
Every payment made on AliExpress is protected by our Buyer Protection System. You can currently pay using Moneybookers, Visa, MasterCard, QIWI and bank transfer. You can also pay with select debit cards including Maestro, Solo, Carte Bleue, PostePay, CartaSi, 4B and Euro6000. More payment options will be available on AliExpress in the future. Any payment made that bypasses AliExpress is not protected by AliExpress. If a seller asks you to make payment that bypasses AliExpress, report them to us immediately.
You are also eligible for AliExpress Buyer Protection when:
* What is ‘Full refund if product isnвЂ™t received within the stated delivery time’?
Sellers on AliExpress set the delivery time period (anything up to a maximum of 60 days). If a buyer shows that they did not receive their purchase within this stated delivery time, the seller will give a full refund.
How do I request a refund?
1.If the stated delivery time is approaching and you still have not received your purchase, you can sign in to My AliExpress, select the transaction/order and click the Open Dispute button. Complete all the necessary steps as instructed in order to start the process for a full refund. After that, you may negotiate with the seller about agreeing a solution .
2. When you file a claim (or when the system automatically files a claim 15 days after you have opened a dispute), the AliExpress Case Management Team will handle and help solve your case based on the stated delivery time. If the team received the claim but the stated delivery time still has not been reached, they will continue to handle your case until it ends..
* What is ‘3 times your money back’?
The ‘3 Times Your Money Back’ Program is a service offered by participating sellers that sell certain types of products on the AliExpress shopping platform. Under this Program, participating sellers assure that the products that they sell on AliExpress are genuine products.
If the products sold are counterfeits, the seller will compensate the buyer by paying them up to two (2) times the total amount that the buyer paid for those products (shipping costs excluded). AliExpress will also fully refund the money paid by the buyer.
The Scope of this Program
- Participating sellers will assure that the jewelries that they sell on the AliExpress platform are of a genuine brand name and are the same as their product descriptions on the AliExpress platform (i.e. they will not sell plastics in the name of ‘diamonds’).
Computers, Communication Devices, and Consumer Electronic Products, Watches, and other Digital products
- Participating sellers will assure that the products they sell on the AliExpress platform are genuine brand name products.
When can a buyer request for a refund under the Program?
A buyer can request for a refund if all of the following conditions are satisfied:
1. The products purchased are from the AliExpress platform and are within the scope of the Program (as described above).
2. The products they purchased are reasonably believed to be counterfeits or are different from their product descriptions on the AliExpress platform.
3. The refund request complies with all other relevant rules and policies of the AliExpress platform.
How do I request a refund? 1. Sign in to My AliExpress, select the transaction/order that you would like to refund for, click the Open Dispute button and complete all the necessary steps as instructed.
2. AliExpress will ask both the buyer and seller to submit supporting documents and will make a determination based on the evidence received (in accordance with the AliExpress Dispute Rules).
3. If AliExpress determines that the products sold and delivered are counterfeits or different from their descriptions on the AliExpress platform, the seller will pay the buyer up to two (2) times the total value of the order (shipping costs not included). AliExpress will also make a full refund to the buyer.
Under the Program, participating sellers agree to deposit a sum of money as guarantee. If the seller breaches the terms and conditions of the Program, AliExpress will make a refund to the buyer by deducting an appropriate amount from the guarantee deposited by the seller.
The standard of compensation under the Program:
Different product categories have different standards of compensation as follows:
- Compensation standards for Computers, Communication Devices, and Consumer Electronic Products, and other digital products:
The following tips will help you avoid some common issues encountered by novice buyers:
6. Confirm the return address with the buyer before returning your products
- If you need to return an item because it is below an acceptable level of quality or the item delivered is substantially different from its description on the seller’s store, please make sure you confirm the return address with the seller before sending it back.
If you have completed the procedures above and are still experiencing problems, you can open a dispute and negotiate for a refund with the seller.
Learn how to open a dispute here
If your negotiations for a refund with the seller are not successful, please provide all relevant evidence and documents to the Case Management Team and the team will review the transaction and dispute as soon as practicable.
Learn how to file a claim here